Option #1: Facility Vulnerability and Countermeasure
Chose a facility (business, school, government, etc.) and address the following questions:
- What countermeasures are in place?
- Who (threat) or what (hazard) are the countermeasures designed to deal with?
- Considering the above information, how vulnerable is the facility?
Your paper must meet the following requirements:
- Your written paper should be 3-4 pages in length not counting the title and reference pages, which you must include.
- Use terms, evidence, and concepts from class readings.
- Cite at least three scholarly sources for this assignment. Scholarly resources include: peer-reviewed journal articles, books, the class textbook, or reports/documents from the government (.gov sites). A scholarly source does not include general sources from the internet (.com, .org, .edu, and .net sites are not scholarly). Scholarly resources should be current (no older than five years). If the class textbook is used as a source, then two other scholarly sources must be used
- Option #2: United States Infrastructure Presentation
This week we are discussing the concept of vulnerability. For your assignment, please create a PowerPoint presentation on the myriad challenges facing the nation’s infrastructure.
Your presentation should address some of the major infrastructure challenges facing the United States today and what is being done about them. As your presentation progresses, please select one specific area of infrastructure interest to drill-down on this week. Examples of specific infrastructure challenges are the hardening of the electrical grid to guard against electromagnetic pulse attack (EMP) or the road and bridge infrastructure that needs repair. Provide specific information on the area that you drill-down on this week.
- Use any presentation software you prefer (PowerPoint, Prezi, or SlideShare, for example).
- Develop a 7-10 slide presentation, not including the title and reference pages, which are required.
- Your presentation MUST include your script notes or handout totaling 900-1,200 words.
- Include a formal references page.
- Include at least three scholarly references in addition to the course textbook.