The Commonwealth Fund (2022) recommended that efforts to control drug pricing should focus on five areas:
- Helping government to become a more responsible purchaser.
- Stopping patent abuses and anticompetitive practices that block price competition.
- Building a sustainable biosimilar market to create price competition.
- Fixing incentives in the drug supply chain and making the supply chain more transparent.
- Ensuring public accountability in the government-funded drug development process.
What area, if any, is the most achievable in the short run ? Explain
Use 1 scholarly article