Week 10 Assignment – Technology in the Criminal Justice System
Read the following articles:
- Emerging Technology Trends and Their Impact on Criminal Justice.
- The Growing Role of Technology in the Criminal Justice Field.
- Technological Innovations in Crime Prevention and Policing: A Review of the Research on Implementation and Impact [PDF].
- Technology Firms Come Under Scrutiny for Ties to Law Enforcement.
- Great Promise but Potential for Peril: Ethical Concerns Mount as AI Takes Bigger Decision-Making Role in More Industries.
Then select one current technology in the criminal justice system. For ideas on current technologies, refer to the list below.
- Surveillance technologies. (A list is maintained on the ACLU’s Surveillance Technologies page.)
- Facial recognition technology.
- Thermal imaging cameras.
- AI/predictive policing.
- Automatic license plate recognition.
- Body cameras.
Write a 2–3 page paper in which you:
- Describe the technology, its purpose, how it works, and when it would be used.
- Discuss the ethical and privacy issues around the technology.
- What impacts might this have on the future if the ethical and privacy issues are not resolved?
- Use three sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.
*ALL ARTICLES ON GGOGLE*