INTRODUCTION TO SOCIAL WELFARE POLICY
POLICY ANALYSIS powerpoint ASSIGNMENT
In this assignment your goal is to complete a policy analysis. The powerpointmust address all of the following items in your analysis:
|Describe the policy you are analyzing
NOTE: This section must include
Ø the formal Public Law (PL) number,
Ø the formal title, dates, sponsors of the policy,
Ø all preceding legislation and subsequent revisions to the original legislation, and
Ø cite the actual legislation itself.
|Discuss the problem(s) the policy was design to correct
NOTE: This section must:
Ø discuss the extent or scope of the problem,
· how many people in Houston, Texas and the US are affected by the problem,
Ø explain how the problem has changed over time,
Ø explain why a policy solution is necessary to address the problem, and
Ø cite research data to document the discussion and explanation.
|Describe the goal(s) & objectives of the policy
Ø Identify the
o manifest goals, and
o latent goals
|Discuss the specifics of the policy including,
· the policy’s benefits and/ or program services
o the eligibility rules for receiving benefits and/ or program services, i.e. who and why someone can receive benefits or services
· the service delivery system, i.e. how benefits and/ or services are to be implemented
● the policy’s financing, i.e. how benefits and/or program services will be paid for
|Discuss the effectiveness of the policy
NOTE: This section must cite research data to document the discussion and explanation of the policy’s effectiveness.
A detailed Grading Rubric is provided for you on the Course Website. PLEASE use the rubric to guide your video journal composition.
- A maximum of 80 points for addressing the assignment with accurate and complete information
- A maximum of 10 points for technical audio/visual appeal of the video journal entry (use of Powerpoint, Prezi and voice over; appropriate length of video – between 8 & 12 minutes)
- A maximum of 10 points for complete and accurate References (must have 10 – 20 references: Course textbook & materials, traditional, academic; web-based; popular literature)