In preparation for your senior papers,
THE TOPIC IS Improvement of Los Angeles City Slums Residents. ( HIGH SCHOOL DROP OUT OR COLLEGES)
begin working on your annotated bibliography. Each annotation should be 4-6 sentences (~150-250 words).
Identify 5 peer-reviewed journal articles relevant to your senior paper topic and…
- Summarize the article (sample questions to consider below)
- What was the aim(s) or research question(s)
- How did they answer their RQs?
- What recruitment strategies did they use?
- What methods did they use?
- What measures were included?
- What did they find?
- Does this align or differ from the findings of other studies?
- How does the article inform your senior paper?
- In what ways could the information in the article be useful for your paper?
- What sections of your paper does it inform (lit review, framework, methods, analysis, etc)?
- Optional: Any additional notes to yourself that might be helpful
- How did it make you feel
- What thoughts came to mind
- Did you agree or disagree with the main argument or do you question the findings/approach?
Take a moment to review the following links. They each offer insights on what an annotated bibliography is and how to construct an effective annotated bib.
Remember – make these work for you! Think of this assignment as a way to take care of your future self. Make the annotated bib. helpful for future you – think of it like writing a letter to yourself (no fancy language required). You should be able to quickly look at this later on and remember the articles you read and what you thought of them.