Creating a Strategic Plan
Create a Strategic Plan for a healthcare company that you are reasonably familiar with or one in which there is significant public information available.
Your organization MUST have a healthcare focus.
Include the following components in your strategic plan:
- An Executive Summary (this component follows the coversheet and is contained on a page alone)
- A brief description of the organization/system
- Overview of the mission, vision, and values
- An environmental analysis:
- SWOT Analysis
- Market trends
- Population served
- Target customers
- Competitor analysis
- Driving forces
- Technology changes
- Regulatory changes
- Strategic goals and objectives
- Key performance/quality indicators
- Strategic priorities/programs (at least three)
- An Appendix (which should include graphs/tables, forecasted volumes, etc.)
Your plan must be formatted per APA guidelines.
You have the autonomy to choose ANY company/organization that you would like. However, you are going to want to select a company/organization/system you will be able to gather enough information about to write your paper.
Some companies/organizations do not share some information and it may be difficult for you to write your paper. You may write your paper using your current organization/company. This is often the most feasible option for students since they have a background in the organization/company in which they work and they have access to individuals within that organization/company that can provide them with helpful information.
- Leading Change (C)
- Communication and Relationship Management
- Communication Skills and Engagement (C)
- Health and Healthcare Environment
- Health Systems and Organizations (C)
- General Management (C)
- Strategic Planning and Marketing (C)