PART 2: Statistics in Quantitative Methods
The purpose of the assignment is to develop skills associated with selecting and applying methods for data collection, stationery and time series data analysis and hypothesis testing.
For section two, you will need to collect data connected to your objective and research question. For this section you can collect either primary data or secondary data. At this stage, you should think about the following items:
- What data do you plan to acquire to answer your research question? Why? What kinds of instruments, variables, materials, or sources will you use (i.e. will you use observations, surveys, interviews, case studies, focus groups, experiments, documents, media, data base searches, etc.)? If you plan to use mixed methods, will they be sequential, concurrent or transformative? Why?
- List the kinds of data/information that you plan to collect (e.g. testimonials, statistics, business/government reports, other research data, audio/video recordings, etc.). Also, consider two or three alternative ways you could gather data/information for this research.
- If you plan to use research participants, where will they come from? How will they be sampled? How many participants will you require? If you are not using research participants, who will you use as the target audience of your data? Who would most benefit from your research, and why?
- Business research topics relate to events that develop in time.
- Explain how you would acquire a snapshot of data relevant to your research question. Within the snapshot, the data become effectively stationary.
- Consider the evolution of data with time. How would you acquire the time series data relevant to your research question?
Once you have collected your data, you will need to write a report that presents your research design and results. This section should include the following sections:
The research design should include the following material:
- Unit of analysis
- Sampling approach and the rationale for selected sample approach
- The limitations to the study in term of sampling approach
- Your data collection and the rationale for selected data collection approach
- Ethical consideration. What ethical issues will your research project present? What biases might you bring to the research and how will you address that bias? When you discuss the ethical section, please include relevant material from the TCPS certificate (*** this is a requirement***)
**If you collect secondary data, then you must explain the approach they took to collect the data and its limitation, before your analysis***
***If you collect primary data, you must explain the approach you took to collect the data and it limitations before your analysis***
- In the result section, you will present and analysis your data.
- Did you find answers to your research questions presented in the problem statement part of the project?
- You can use graphs or charts to present your data
- Present descriptive statistics, boxplot, or percentage
- This would be a final summary of the study and any additional questions for future studies.
- Provide recommendations
- Future studies if any
This section can include any additional material that was not included in the main report (If you use primary sources, please attach the data collection instrument used in the project).
2500 words with APA.
Topic interest from the different options I got for research and data collecting:
I would like to research the banking sector here, as I worked with the bank, which always interests me. This COVID-19 Pandemic episode has hampered many sectors, including banking. There are some exceptions as well who has benefitted from the pandemic. In a pandemic situation, the banks have provided essential services and basic financial needs of the customers with their half-staff strength and full precautions. Bank employees have performed their duties as front-line workers in a critical situation, though the pandemic has adversely affected the industry. I would like to research the topic of “Impact of COVID-19 pandemic on Banking Sector in India and the measures to recover the sector.”
In this research, I will try to find the impacts of the pandemic on the banking industry while studying and researching the following questions.
1) How does the COVID-19 pandemic affect Indian Banking institutions?
2) What challenges were faced at the initial pandemic outbreak, and how sternly impacted the Banking Industry?
3) What are the corrective measures provided by the Indian government to recover from the pandemic?
After this research, I will find the degree of damage to the industry, which is an inevitable part of the economy.