Due April 4th at 11:59 p.m.
Write your paper on one of the following prompts:
1) Compare and contrast Singer and O’Neill arguments. How are their approaches different? State which ethical theory seems more correct. Provide an argument in support of your position.
2) Point out a weakness of one of the short pieces on ethics we read in class (Mill, Singer, or O’Neill). Provide a counterargument or criticism. Attack the author’s view or defend it in light of the counterexample/criticism you provide.
You may use direct quotes from the text if they are short and cited. Please do not saturate your paper with quotations. If a quotation is more than 3 lines, summarize and cite.
Outside sources are allowed, provided they are cited.
How it should be written:
- Make your stance/ argument clear in your introduction.This means your introduction should include a thesis statement.
- This paper should be about 2-5 pages in double spaced12pt Times New Roman font. Length is not as important as content.
- You must cite your source(s). Quotations should beshort and Again, please do not saturate your paper with quotations.
- Please use cite CHICAGO STYLE.
- Read assignment for Paper 2
- Submit your outline for Paper 2 herebefore you submit Paper 2.
- Let me know what topic you are writing on with your outline title.
- Highlight or underline your thesis statement.
- If you are creating your own paper topic, you must submit your outline or contact me at least 24 hours before you submit Paper 2.
- If you have questions about your outline or the assignment feel free to write those at the bottom or add them as comments on your submission.
OPTION 1: You will need these two articles.
- You will need “Feminine, Affluence, and morality by Peter singer (PG 466)
- Kantian approaches to some famine problems by Onora O’Neill (PG 510)
OPTION 2: You will need all three articles including this one.
- Hedonism but John Stuart Mill (PG 258)
Please let me know if you have issue accessing the articles.