Due: Sunday night by 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time. Select the “Submit” button to submit your assignment. If you have questions about the assignment, post your question in the Course Café or contact your Instructor.
Select a vulnerable population in your community (helpful hint: search within your zip code). To do this, conduct a windshield survey in your community. A windshield survey is completed by observing a population by looking out of a window of your car (or a bus or riding your bike) to identify a vulnerable population in your community. Conduct research on your chosen population via the Internet and by calling or visiting your local health department. Develop a maximum of 10 slides using PowerPoint to communicate your observations and research. An example listing of vulnerable populations has been included for your consideration.
Perform the following tasks:
- Complete the reading assignment before attempting this assignment
- Attend the instructor session to prepare for this assignment.
- Complete the Windshield survey.
- From the vulnerable population observed, research the population.
- Identify the vulnerable population in detail.
- Identify health risks and needs of the vulnerable population.
- Identify resources that are available and those needed but not available.
- Describe service gaps/interventions that could be used (primary, secondary, tertiary) that could fill gaps in resources.
- Summarize your findings for each of the different categories.
- Prepare a PowerPoint presentation (maximum of 10 slides) to communicate your observations and research.
- Include the proper file naming convention: RN206_wk9_assn_jsmith_mmddyyyy
- Vulnerable Populations to consider from the textbook:
|Poor and homeless persons
Migrant workers and immigrants
Severely mentally ill individuals
Abused individuals and victims of violence
Persons with communicable disease
People at risk of disease transmission
Persons who are HIV positive
Persons with Hepatitis B virus
|Populations at risk of a sexually transmitted disease
Women with high risk pregnancies
Women with no risk to prenatal care
Recovering substance abuse
Community Research PowerPoint
- Prepare a power point presentation (10 slide max) that identifies each of the following.
- Include and introduction, citation and reference slide.
- Population; Describe in detail:
- Socioeconomic status
- Health/Lifestyle Behavior
- Health Risks; Identify and explain:
- Health promotion
- Health risks
- Resources; Identify and describe the following availability in the community
- Resources to meet population need
- Programs to meet population need
- Services to meet population need
- Service Gaps/Interventions.
- Identify services that are notcurrently available but would be valuable and improve outcomes for the vulnerable population. List as:
- Primary interventions
- Secondary interventions
- Tertiary interventions
- Summary; Summarize research plans to address:
- Health promotion
- Health risks
Please Look At The Helpful Reference List Below For Your Project:
*Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). (2021). National center for health statistics. (Links to an external site.)
*City Data (Links to an external site.). (2021)
*Unites States Census Bureau (Links to an external site.). (2021).
*United States Department of Health and Human Services. (2021).Healthy people 2030 (Links to an external site.).
*USA.gov.(2020). Data and statistics about the U.S. (Links to an external site.)
*U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (Links to an external site.). (2021).
Week 9 Assignment
|Week 9 Assignment|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeLearning Outcome: Populations Describe in detail.
This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome: Populations
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeLearning Outcome: Health Risks
This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome: Health Risks
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeLearning Outcome: Resources
This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome: Resources
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeLearning Outcome: Service Gaps/Interventions
This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome: Service Gaps/Interventions
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeLearning Outcome: Summary
This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome: Summary
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeThis criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome: Grammar, Spelling, and Punctuation
This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome: Grammar, Spelling, and Punctuation
|Total Points: 60|