Paper must have abstract and conclusion… Doctoral work
The Role of Emotional Intelligence in Motivating Employees
[WLOs: 1, 2] [CLOs: 2, 3, 4, 5]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read Chapters 11 and 12 in your Kinicki and Williams (2018) textbook, and the following articles: Goleman (1998), “What Makes a Leader? (Links to an external site.),” Riggio and Reichard (2008), “The Emotional and Social Intelligences of Effective Leadership: An Emotional and Social Skill Approach (Links to an external site.),” and Herzberg (2003), “One More Time: How Do You Motivate Employees? (Links to an external site.)”
Analyze Herzberg’s two-factor theory of motivation, and apply concepts of emotional intelligence to recommend how leaders and managers can create a motivating workplace. In your paper, address the following:
- Distinguish between Herzberg’s motivating factors and hygiene factors.
- Explain the consequences that might arise in an organization if hygiene factors are emphasized at the expense of motivating factors.
- Explain the consequences that might arise if motivating factors are emphasized, with no attention paid to hygiene factors.
- Analyze leadership principles and practices, and management principles and practices, which help develop and reinforce a motivating workplace as defined by Herzberg’s two-factor theory.
- Be sure to incorporate your understanding of the differences between leadership and management responsibilities from Week 1.
- Appraise how the emotional intelligence of a leader or manager influences creation and support for a motivating workplace, particularly for a diverse workforce.
- Explain how emotional intelligence on the part of a leader or manager affects the relationship with employees from diverse backgrounds, and provides support for individual achievement, satisfaction, and enhanced performance.
The Role of Emotional Intelligence in Motivating Employees paper must be at least 1,650 words in length (exclusive of title, abstract, and reference pages), and reference at least three scholarly sources (see Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.)), in addition to any required readings you cite. Include title, abstract, and reference pages in your paper. Format your paper according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.)resource. Use resources listed in the Week 1 or 2 assignment to help you correctly format your paper.